www.OPEIUVoice.org
OPEIU Voice
Working Together, Moving Forward
Home
OPEIU Benefits
Your Voice
Member Resources
Contact Us



    ... ...
    OPEIU, Local 30 2014 Election Results

    ... ...

    During the general membership meeting on 07-24-2014, nominations were held for our union's offices. Incumbents for the following positions were unchallenged and became automatically re-elected:

    CFO/ Executive Director: Walter Allen
    President: Marianne Giordano
    Vice President: Cathy Young
    Recording Secretary: Cathy Engler
    Arizona Executive Board: Linda Winters
    Colorado Executive Board: Chris D.
    Los Angeles, CA Executive Board: Annie Watson, Ruth Porchas
    San Diego, CA (California Service Center) Executive Board: Roger Lester

    There were six (6) nominations for the three (3) San Diego Executive Board positions, therefore we had an election wherein the top three (3) candidates with the most votes were elected. About 9% of eligible members voted in the election while the remaining 91% chose not to participate. The results of that election are:

    Carmen Corral
    235 Votes (re-elected)

    Tony Hawkins
    150 Votes

    Jon Larson
    219 Votes (re-elected)

    Donald Murphey
    138 Votes

    Jan Nikodyn
    153 Votes (re-elected)

    Dustin Teske
    102 Votes



    'Congratulations to the winning candidates. All incumbents in all the races have been re-elected so members may reasonably expect no significant changes in the operation of their union for at least the next three years. As you know, I didn't win a position on the Executive Board. But, I would like to take this opportunity to thank each of the 102 members who voted for me and I want you to know that EVERYONE is still invited to contact me anytime and, as always, you can count on me to do everything I can to help you.' -Dustin



home